March 15, 2009

Sebastian is here!

Sebastian was born 17:09 march 11 2009, Swedish time.

My water broke on the 9th already. My belly got a lot smaller. Contractions started on the 11th, with a break for a while, we think he waited for Elena to come home from special skiing day with school. When she did the contractions got intense and at the end painful in front. I did not feel comfortable laying down so I squatted for a long time but eventually my legs got so tired we resorted to the bathtub. After 10 minutes he was born in the water. I was exhausted and it was painful, not like the girls births. What happened was part of the placenta would not let go and tore and I am pretty sure that's what caused the pain. The placenta came out partly with the baby and in pieces later. I am fine though, no inflammation and it's cleaning out nicely. Baby is great. Only took a day to settle in to eating and sleeping - a lot of both. The girls are so thrilled, the absolutely adore him.

Here is some pictures in time order.























































Julianna was nervous but proud!










First bath, and then dressed for the first time. We had visitors from Germany.


Did Elena grow, I think so.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Petra and family! He's beautiful. And I *love* the name Sebastian. I always have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is gorgeous! And the girls look so proud! I love the one of him in the water with his first bath. He couldn't look more peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!!! And there was only one! We were taking bets last week! I love reading about him and seeing him! I am not just saying this-he is beautiful. I cannot wait to meet him! Adrian is off sending emails! His idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so beautiful! I see a lot of Julianna in him. :)

    ReplyDelete