November 15, 2009

Sunday

This is where I found Julianna and Embla this morning, behind the couch! I had to wake them up as Julianna had gymnastic at 10 am. While she did that I took Elena and Embla to a flea market (called loppis here), they are getting really popular. We found some clothes and I got some things for the girls for Christmas that I know they both want so it was a success.
Then we got Julianna and went to the horses. It was still gray out but at least not raining.

Sebastian got to sit on Micko, and he sure knew what he was doing, and mighty proud too.


Julianna, Elena and Micko.
The girls played in the hay and I got to ride Spinner and that was fun!
We did not get home until 3 pm so Majken helped me to quickly get some food to the starving kids. Then they went back to hama beading.
I relaxed with my puzzle, that is almost done now, before it was time for laundry. Another evening of running down to the basement and over a block and then back, and then up and then repeat about 4 times. I could take the elevator but I try keeping to the stairs cause I like to move.
Julianna fell asleep fast and so did Sebastian.
For some reason I am not feeling so tired. Maybe it´s from being outside, my body could be tired but not my mind, it sure thrives after fresh air. So we´ll see what I´ll do. Maybe write in my dairy that I only write in a few times a month. But you may not find out- cause this is the last day of my week of "A day in our life". It was fun but now I´ll take a rest until something exciting happens. There will be a lot of performances this next month.
Bye bye.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your week. I especially liked your writings on Elena and TV. You are so right that we shouldn't set our kids up for failure. It reminded me of when my kids were younger and they need me to save them from themselves when they really want to play with something dangerous or do something that created a problem for someone else. I left them disappointed and crying but I had to be the mom who knew better- (it's dangerous to stick a spoon in the electrical socket, to play with sharp stick, to put magnets on the TV, to put toys in the toilet, to throw legos in the trash!!) No matter how much they wanted to, I had to see the big picture and be the one who ultimately made the decision, no matter how unwelcome. Of course, I still need to do it for them today. Even for Trisha. I actually just hid the remote control to the TV because Roman wakes up before everyone and watches TV before he can be "caught". (all the kids are limited on TV for various reasons) When he doesn't have the remote, he wakes up and builds with Legos or walks outside or will just play. And you are right, there are some good shows, so we will watch the one show that has been recorded together, fast forwarded the commercials and then turn it off- or watch a movie. Thanks for sharing your story. It's nice to feel that I am not alone!! Sebastian is adorable at 10pm!!! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete